studentsStudent visas

Australia’s Overseas Student Program (OSP) allows people who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents to study in Australia. 

Do you need a student visa?

Some visitor and working holiday visas allow for study periods of 3 and 4 months respectively. If you wish to study for longer you must obtain an Australian student visa before you commence a course of study in Australia.


You can be granted a student visa only if you wish to undertake an approved course that is CRICOS registered course or part of a CRICOS course on a full-time basis. The student visa subclass is determined by the level of your chosen course.

Why Study in Australia?

There are many reasons to study in Australia and one of them is that a Student Visa will enable you to gain a recognised Australian qualification and provide a possible pathway to permanent migration in Australia via the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS). Essentially the employer offers you a full time job for at least 2 years. 


A student visa is an eligible visa to apply for the RSMS Subclass 187 Visa.

What is the correct subclass for you?

If you are unsure about your visa options why not take advantage of our free initial consultation and talk to a Registered Migration Agent in Cairns today! 


Subclass 570 English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)

Stand-alone course, and not as a prerequisite to commencing another course.


Subclass 571 Schools Sector

For study at a primary school or a secondary school, including both junior and senior secondary school.


Subclass 572 Vocational Education and Training (VET)

For Certificate I, II, III and IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma from a college or TAFE.


Subclass 573 Higher Education Sector

For Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelor degree, Graduate certificate, and Graduate diploma studied at a University.


Subclass 574 Master’s and Doctorate Sector

Masters degree by coursework or by research, and a Doctoral degree.


Subclass 580 Student Guardian

Persons under 18 years of age may require a guardian to accompany them to Australia.

Client Testimonials

Visit our Facebook page

Immigration Agent in Cairns

MARN 1170298

Listen to our Radio ad on

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player

Powered by RS Web Solutions