partnersPartner Visas

If you are an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen you may apply to sponsor your partner to enter or remain permanently in Australia.


The type of visa you apply for will depend upon your maritial status and location at time of application.

Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage

If you want to bring your partner to Australia to get married.

Subclass 309/100 & 820/801 Partner Visa

If you are married or in a defacto relationship.

What is the most suitable visa for you?

It can be very confusing trying to figure out what is the most appropriate visa. Take advantage of our our free initial consultation and talk to a Migration consultant in Cairns today. 


Call 07 4031 5588 to book.


Frequently asked questions

Can I apply onshore?


For Prospective Marriage visas, no. You must be offshore.


Subclass 820/801 - If you have condition 8503 (no further stay) it is unlikely you will be able to apply onshore. Condition 8503 can only be removed in limited exceptional circumstances.


There are other considerations that may restrict onshore Partner visa applications such as are you currently on a Bridging visa and have you already had a Partner visa application refused onshore etc. Please contact us if this applies to you. 


How long is the visa processing?


Onshore applications


DIBP have advised it is approximately 9 to 12 months. In the past applications lodged as decision ready received faster processing, however this practice has gradually been phased out. Our goal is always to lodge applications as complete as possible as this will help reduce the processing by minimising any delays.


Offshore applications


These are processed at the nearest Australian Embassy for your country and the times may vary for each country. Expect a wait of around 9 - 12 months.


I have members of the family unit who will not be included in the application?


All dependant family members not included must still provide a medical. Everyone over 11 years old must provide x-rays. Everyone over age 15 must complete blood tests. Police checks may also be required.


Client Testimonials

Visit our Facebook page

Immigration Agent in Cairns

MARN 1170298

Listen to our Radio ad on

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player

Powered by RS Web Solutions